Don't be left out!

Monday, January 13, 2014

New Year, Fresh Start

I'm back!  I'm back, I'm back, I'm baaaaack!

Are you as excited as I am?  I hope so!

I apologize for leaving you hanging back in November.  I have lots of excuses reasons why I haven't been blogging but I won't bore you with my explanation.  Instead, I am committing to you, my readers, that 2014 will be a year full of great posts including product reviews, workouts, recipes and lots more.

Not too much has changed in November.  I've stayed busy with family, training clients, getting my diet back on track from the holidays and of course lifting heavy things. In fact, I started my first week of meet prep training for the 2014 Nutri-Sport SPF Fullpower Meet!  I'm super anxious, nervous, excited, scared, happy about it.

Over the holidays I may have gotten into a nasty habit of eating sweets....after every meal...and for snacks.  I wish I was joking but I'm not.  I'm happy to say that I've been able to kick the habit since Christmas!  (Tell me this happens to you too right?)  In the detox process I did whip up a batch of Jazzy Things Coconut Macroons and they are AWESOME and super easy to boot.


Here's her recipe:
  • 2 cups of shredded, unsweetened coconut 
  • 4 egg whites
  • 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder (I used a whey/soy mix)
  • 2 tbs honey
Mix together, shape into small balls and bake at 350 for 10 minutes.  According to my ingredients the macros break down into: 2g protein, 4g carbs, 5g fat.  


Your turn: Did you fall into any undesirable habits over the Holidays?  

No comments:

Post a Comment