Don't be left out!

Friday, September 20, 2013

Starbucks: What's in Your Cup?

It's almost the weekend!  Woo Hoo!  I'm teaching kickbox and weights followed by a birthday party, then church, family pictures and I've got a big squat workout in there somewhere too. Oh and of course I have to try my football workout!  I can't wait!

Moving on.....

I love coffee but I don't drink it black. I like it with sweetener, creamer, syrup and whip cream on top! So yea, after all that crap it doesn't even really taste like coffee anymore and I like it that way.

At home I add one truvia packet (don't judge) and more sugar free french vanilla creamer then I'd ever care to admit.  When I'm out and about, I love Starbucks .  And when it's a cool Fall morning out, I really love Starbucks.  My typical order is a "skinny vanilla latte with lite whip" but come Fall the coveted Pumpkin Spice Latte is brought back.

I love the "PSL" but what I don't love is it's nutritional value.  Trust me, I'd never, EVER want to ruin this tasty treat for anyone by making you feel guilty about drinking it but I don't want you to blindly order PSL after PSL without knowing the breakdown of this bad boy.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving (16 fl oz)
Calories 380Calories from Fat 120
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13g20%
Saturated Fat 8g40%
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 50mg17%
Sodium 0mg0%
Total Carbohydrate51g18%
Dietary Fiber 0g0%
Sugars 49g
Protein 14g
Yikes!  That's for a Grande, 2% milk with whipped cream folks.  Almost 400 calories!  But check out that protein.... So here is my plan when I want to treat myself:  Order a tall, skim milk, no whip!  Just saved myself 200 calories, 13 grams of fat and it still tastes delish!
 Nutrition Facts Per Serving (12 fl oz)
Calories 200Calories from Fat 5
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0g0%
Saturated Fat 0g0%
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 5mg2%
Sodium 0mg0%
Total Carbohydrate38g13%
Dietary Fiber 0g0%
Sugars 37g
Protein 11g



You're turn: What's your favorite no guilt coffee drink? 

2 comments:

  1. Perfect advice. I have also asked for them to cut the pumpkin pumps in half and do half pumpkin/half sugar free cinnamon. Cuts down on sugar and carbs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhhhhhh, I love that idea! I don't really like cinnamon but I could do SF vanilla! What a great tip! Thanks so much for sharing!

      Delete