Don't be left out!

Friday, March 29, 2013

Holiday Survival: Easter Weekend

Happy (almost) Easter!  I'm super pumped for this weekend.  The weather is warming up just in time for egg hunts and I get to spend time with both sides of the family.  Woot!  Woot!

I am determined to stay right on track this weekend with workouts and meal plans.  You've heard it before and I'll tell you again....if you fail to plan, you plan to fail.  I have already been brainstorming ways I can stay focused on my goals but still enjoy the holiday.  Here is what I've come up with.    
  • Friday night has typically been our "cheat meal" night but I'm moving my cheat meal to Sunday so I can enjoy my mother's amazing ham balls without feeling guilty.  Friday night's meal will be ground turkey and veggies.  
  • I WILL NOT open any bags of candy until the very last minute to fill eggs.  I know myself well enough to know that if I open a bag and start filling eggs now it will be game O.V.E.R for the bag of M&M's.  

  • Stay busy whenever possible.  Get the camera out to take pictures, help clean up the dishes, take the kids outside, talk a walk.  I eat when there is nothing else to do.  If I had a dollar for every time I walked into the kitchen and opened up the fridge thinking there was something new in there I'd be rich.  I'm not opening the fridge because I'm hungry.  I'm opening because I'm bored.  Stay busy, Annie.  Stay busy. 
  • Workout!  On Wednesday I posted this workout that can be done anywhere so if you're gym is closed on Sunday give this a try.  No excuses!  I plan to do a HIIT workout outside since the weather is finally in the 50's! It's practically a heat wave!

Let's share- how do you stay on track through holiday weekends?  What tips and tricks work best for you?  

No comments:

Post a Comment