Don't be left out!

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Legs on Fire: Lower Body Workout

You know I'm always pushing the weights but sometimes a bodyweight workout is tough enough without the additional weight.  I know this is one of those workouts.  

After completing a proper warmup, move through the exercises completing 10 reps of each move.  Move from exercise to exercise with as little rest as possible.  

As a general guideline (of course listen to your body) beginners aim to complete one to two rounds, intermediate exercisers try for 3 rounds and for advanced lifters aim for 4 or more rounds.   


Keep in mind:

  • As always do what you can with good form.  
  • This isn't a race, go at your own pace.  
  • Hold the pause at the bottom of the squat for 2 seconds and then raise to the top.  
  • Plank with hip extension: From plan position, raise on leg off the ground (squeezing your glutes).  Hold for 2 seconds then lower back down.  Alternate sides.  
Your turn: What is your favorite lower body, bodyweight exercise?

5 comments:

  1. I love squats, I don't care if they are weighted or not, slow or fast...I just love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all your workouts you post on here. They are simple and fast but very effective. I will have to google Bulgarian lunges, never heard of them :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! Will incorporate this into my next strength session!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all if these. I went back to the old squatting rack in January it has made such a great change even this soon. My legs are always my weaker part and love a Bulgarian lunge!

    ReplyDelete