Don't be left out!

Thursday, September 12, 2013

Baked Broccoli Bites

I know I said I'd be back this week with push-up variations but this recipe is more important than push-ups.  Seeing as it's the big ISU/Iowa weekend I know many of you may be tailgating or headed to a big football party and these healthy broccoli bites are sure to be a crowd pleaser!

I found the original recipe from Stacey Snacks Online and had to give it a try.

Here is what you need:

1 16oz bag of chopped broccoli thawed and drained if necessary
4 eggs (I used an additional egg compared to the original recipe)
1 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
1 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
salt
pepper

Mix everything in one big bowl


Form small patties with hands and place onto parchment paper


Bake at 375 degrees flip after 15 minutes then cook for an additional 10 minutes.  

Let cool and enjoy!  


And because I know many of you reading are watching your waistline/macros I figured it all out for you ahead of time.  Considering how good these taste I think it's a pretty good breakdown.  If you really want my opinion I think they'd be even more amazing dipped in......ranch.  Yes, I said it.  Ranch. Yum-o

(I got 37 servings out of the recipe above)

Per serving
Calories: 28
Protein: 2.5g
Carbs: 4g
Fat: 3g

Sounds good right?  Be careful not to eat all 37 bites though!  

Have you tried anything like this?  And thing else you'd throw in?  


No comments:

Post a Comment