Don't be left out!

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Work it out: Full Body Circuit

Rain, rain go away. Mommy wants to run sprints outside today!  Who's with me?  Seriously, any takers?  I promise you, I'm not fast...just ask any of my college teammates who pinch ran for me.  

Since getting involved in the fitness industry it seems like everyone has a fitness question for me- which I LOVE!  What do I hear the most?  "Annie, I go to the gym and I do the same things over and over again.  I don't know what else to do."  Ok, actually that's probably the second most common thing I hear, the first is coming later this week and it's  gooood one so be sure to check back.  

Anyways, I came up with a full body circuit workout for you.  It incorporates some basic strength moves but by performing them on a BOSU ball or stability ball it adds a balance element that engages additional muscles making the move a tad more challenging.  

All of these moves can be executed with or without a BOSU or Stability ball.  After a warm-up repeat each exercise with little to no rest in between.  Finish each around with a 6 minute brisk walk, jog or run.  Rest one minute. Then repeat the circuit for a total of 3 times.  

I've provided links to the exercises below for reference.  

*Please remember that if you choose to do this workout you do so at your own risk.  Always check with your doctor before beginning an exercise routine.  



Bicep curl to overhead press with or w/o BOSU - try both arms together at the same time.  You can also opt to put the BOSU dome side down so your standing on the flat part.  This will be more challenging.  Be sure to bring your belly button to your spine to support your core/low back when bringing weight overhead.  


Dumbbell tricep extension with feet on BOSU- I couldn't find a video of this exercise.  Maybe I made it up?  Here is what I want you to do- Lay down on the ground.  With your knees bent, put your feet on the BOSU ball dome side up.  Extend DB (one in each hand) straight over your shoulders.  Lift hips off the ground so your in a hip bridge position.  While holding your hips up, lower your dumbbells towards your head by bending only at the elbows.  The elbow must not move!  Lower until forearms are parallel to the floor and then extend back up.  

DB squat on BOSU- I apologize, this guy really like his fancy vocabulary :) You can also do these dome side up or of course on the ground.  

Your turn: Do you do the same thing every time you work out or do you switch things up? I'm no expert but if you could ask me one fitness related question what would it be?  I'll do my best to help!  



Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment