Don't be left out!

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Make it Work: A Travel Friendly Workout

Good morning, good morning!  I hope everyone had a great weekend! Once again, ours was filled with wonderful workouts, an I-Cubs game, grocery store trips, mowing the lawn and drum roll please........  the season premier of The Real Housewives of New Jersey! Woot Woot!  Don't be too jealous of our crazy weekends ok?  But seriously, did you watch RHNJ? If you did let's talk later....

First a little laugh for you.  Here is a picture of my latest Pinterest attempt.  FAIL!  

Kinda looks like I'm pregnant.  If I wasn't lazy right now I'd just crop that out but I'll just clarify, I'm not.  

I should have cleaned the back of my phone and closed the cabinet too. LAAAYYYYZZE!  

Um yeah, that little tiny strap isn't gonna hold. In fact I think I ripped it when I took it off.  Darn it!  I should have practiced on a shirt I didn't really like!  Have you ever made a cute workout tank out of an old shirt?  Did it turn out well?  If so, please share.  Clearly,  I could use some advice!  

Moving on...

Ever have one of those weeks where you look at your schedule and it's so jam packed you don't have a clue how you're going to fit everything in? That's what our week feels like this week.  I work Monday, Wednesday, Friday evening, lifting with the boys Tuesday evening, John bikes Thursday evening and we leave for a triathlon in Waterloo on Saturday.  During the day we've got doctor's appointments, day camp, physical therapy, and plenty of errands to run.

I know I'm not the only one that has weeks (or months) that feel like this and since I've started wellness coaching and personal training I've found that most people are short on time.  The truth is if losing weight, getting in shape or getting stronger is important to you, you HAVE TO MAKE IT WORK. Tim Gun anyone? Most of us won't find time in our schedules, you have to make time for exercise, meal planning, and meal preparation.



Last week I was inspired by a friend who has been working hard on her fitness (do I sound like I'm from Jersey when I say that?) for a few months now.  She was headed out of town for girls trip and mentioned to me that she had already made plans to workout at the hotel gym.   I took that opportunity to put together a quick, intense, full body workout she could do just about anywhere.  (click on it to make it bigger)

*remember if you choose to do this workout you do so at your own risk

My friend not only completed the work out but she wrangled up two friends to do it with her!  They said it was tough but felt great afterwards.

So, today is Tuesday.  There is plenty of time left in the week to make it a great one!  What does the rest of the week look like for you?  When will you workout? What will you do to workout? What will you eat?  Write it down.  Set some goals and then share 'em!  I wanna know how you're going to make it happen!



No comments:

Post a Comment