Don't be left out!

Monday, May 20, 2013

Make Banana Ice Cream & Pretend Like it's the Weekend

Good morning and happy Monday!  I hope everyone had a great weekend.  Ours was filled with my lifting workouts, John's ridiculously long workouts, a birthday party, lawn mowing and ice cream making!

I have to tell you about our ice cream!  It is going to BLOW.YOUR.MIND and change your world, promise.  I love ice cream, who doesn't but it doesn't exactly fit into my diet now-a-days.  I found this original recipe for clean banana ice cream on Pinterest here, read it and just kinda threw ours together.  (Are you seeing a trend with how I cook?  No recipes, just mix whatever you have together and hope it turns out).

Ok, here is what we did...

Step 1: Slice bananas (I did two) and freeze (about two hours)

Step 2: Throw bananas into food processor and blend


Step 3: Scrape sides and blend more


Keep blending until it looks like this!


Step 4: Add any mixins' of your choice.  I added a spoonful of peanut butter and some cocoa powder.  Blend until everything is mixed.

Step 5: Serve and enjoy or freeze for later!

Lady and the Tramp spoon optional 

I may have had some right away and some later after it was frozen and I have to say, I prefer the soft serve like texture the bananas had when served immediately.  Although, John had no problem finishing it off before bed.  

Despite what I expected as I continued to blend the bananas they kinda lost some banana flavor and it turned into this smooth, creamy, sorta banana-y ice cream.  So yummy.  

I can't wait to try it again.  Next time I'm adding some crunch to it.  I thought about mini chocolate chips or almonds.  Chunks of anything would be good stirred in as well.  And what do you think about coffee? Like a mocha banana flavor?

This totally passed the taste test with all four of us and I'm sure it will at your house too.  What flavor of ice cream would you make? 



Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment